Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 6, 2012

A SHORT UPDATE + MICHAEL GRANGE/AIKMAN/BUCK

The OHL is back in full swing, with exhibition games and the regular season looming in the next two weeks.  In fact, our 1st broadcast is tonight (Thursday) vs Erie at 7pm on TV Cogeco.   Broadcasters also have the scrape the rust off the vocal chords and get our timing down too!  I hear that we are going High Def in early October which is news that I greet with fear and enthusiasm.  While it is great to get that "big time feel" of being in HD, the reality of the situation is that I am not 100% sure that viewers are ready to see my visage live and in HD on your big screen TV's!! An extra layer of Pancake #5 may be in order.  

With the OHL starting, blogs should be increasing and there will be lots of highlights to post.   Looking forward to it.  

This is a tad off the beaten path, so to speak, but I could not resist, and I also have no idea why this got stuck in my head.  Michael Grange, the fine reporter/columnist on Sportsnet has been appearing on TV a lot, and I can't get the fact he looks like a curious amalgamation of Troy Aikman and Joe Buck of the NFL on Fox. 

Maybe I'm just way off base, but judge for yourself:  
Steve Clark www.twitter.com/SteveClarkMedia
Michael Grange: 

Troy Aikman: 
 
Joe Buck: 

No comments:

Post a Comment